Who we are
Our website address is: https://haswingmotors.co.uk.
What we do with your information
When you purchase or contact us through our website, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. We use this information for sales and services communication.
With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. We use Mailchimp for email marketing and to communicate with our clients. Mailchimp offers a double opt-in service and offer full visibility of any of your information used by this service and the option to unsubscribe which will delete any of your personal data.
We do not have an expiry on the amount of time we will hold your data for. We do offer withdrawal of consent and deletion of your data at any time upon your request.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to store any personal data about you, contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us: Hawing UK, Heybridge House, The Causeway, CM9 4XL, UK
Our website is hosted on secure servers. Data is stored through Digital Ocean’s data storage, databases and the general hosting application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Secure channels are used to access our servers. There are no public facing control panels exposed on our server.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and process your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Security & Cookies
To protect your personal information, we take precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit or debit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better.
However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
These are the cookies we use:
- collect Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- NID Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.
- _ga 2 years Used to distinguish users.
- _gid 24 hours Used to distinguish users.
- _gat 1 minute Used to throttle request rate.
- AMP_TOKEN 30 seconds to 1 year Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
- _gac_ 90 days Contains campaign related information for the user.
- Determine which domain to measure
- Distinguish unique users
- Throttle the request rate
- Remember the number and time of previous visits
- Remember traffic source information
- Determine the start and end of a session
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
- __utmt 10 minutes Used to throttle request rate.
- __utmc End of browser session Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
- __utmv 2 years from set/update Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
- wfvt_# Remembers the user’s submitted data when a comment is submitted in a blog post. The purpose is to auto-populate form fields for subsequent comments, in order to save time for the user.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer via the Contact Us page: